It is that season of the year again. It’s the season of the African star apple. The famous orange fruits are out again. Popularly known by different names according to tribe, it is eaten by people all over Nigeria.
Health Benefits of agbalumo
1. African star apple contains more Vitamin C/ascorbic acid than Orange. This vitamin helps prevent scurvy, a mouth gum disease.
2. If you have sour throat, constipation or toothache, why not try taking Udara.
3. A research by scientist in Covenant University reveals that Agbalumo could lower blood sugar and cholesterol, and could be useful in preventing and treating heart diseases.
4. The different plant parts like the roots, barks and leaves are used for healing cough, yellow fever, high blood pressure and much more.
5. In some parts of Nigeria, the seed is used to treat skin infections.
6. It is believed that consuming the fruit can help fight cancer and diabetes.
7. It could serve as a natural source of Anti-Oxidant booster to remove free radicals from oxidative stress disorders.
8. Agbalumo helps you lose weight. The fruit contributes 3g of fiber to the recommended daily intake of 25 to 38g. Fiber provides bulk to your diet, a factor that can make your stomach feel fuller for longer. This can keep you from eating too much, and it may help you lose weight.
9. Present in Udara are phytochemicals such as Tannins, flavonoids, terpenoids, proteins, carbohydrates and resins.