Many of us struggle with our skin on a daily basis. Having that smooth glowing skin has become something of our imagination.
Well, have you tried or heard about bentonite clay. One of the most amazing skin care ingredients today is bentonite clay! It’s great for skin care, hair care and general body health.
Bentonite clay is an age-old method of treating many different disorders in a number of cultures.
What’s special about the bentonite clay mask is that it draws out toxins from the skin, shrinks your pores (noticeably just after a few uses), prevents breakouts, and leaves your skin smooth and glowing.
Benefits of a Bentonite Clay Mask:
Heals and regenerates skin tissue.
Draws out toxins.
Treats acne (prevents breakouts and helps clear up acne)
Unclogs and shrinks pores.
Reduces appearance of scars.
Excellent natural exfoliator.
Evens out skin tone.
1. Draws out toxins – As mentioned earlier, a Bentonite Clay mask will help draw out toxins through the skin. The electrical charge produced by wet Bentonite clay is made up of negative ions that attract the positive ions in toxins and heavy metals, binding these toxins to it. Toxins may cause premature aging.
2. Opens up clogged skin pores : Skin sometimes gets clogged by sebum, the oil that is naturally produced by the skin to keep it moisturized or prevent it from being too dry. Excess sebum production is the major cause of acne. When excess sebum is produced, it gets trapped in the pores of the skin creating a conducive environment for bacteria to thrive. The bacteria causes inflammation which results in pimples and blackheads. A Bentonite clay mask will draw excess sebum from the skin.
3. Tones and tightens the skin – Bentonite has astringent properties so it has the ability to shrink body tissues. This is particularly useful in dealing with enlarged pores. Enlarged pores are caused by the accumulation of oil and dirt in the skin, age (due to loss of skin elasticity) and sun damage. The skin mask will reduce the appearance of enlarged pores making skin seem younger.
4. Reduces blemishes – There are different types of skin blemishes which include skin discoloration, blackheads, uneven skin tone and age spots. Bentonite clay’s astringent and skin unclogging properties are the reasons why this clay mask can reduce blemishes.
5. Exfoliates the skin – Exfoliating skin helps it long young and more vibrant. This is because exfoliation removes dead skin cells which may cause pores to get clogged. Clogged pores may cause acne and skin blemishes. Skin exfoliation also reveals healthier looking skin as it encourages the renewal of skin cells.