Nature has been so wonderful to us. It has provided us with lots of things to use to solve problems we encounter daily. Coconut oil is one of these marvelous things nature has provided for us. From cooking to hair growth to body cream, this oil has a lot of benefits in our day to day living. So many people do not know how wonderful this oil is so we would be discussing its numerous benefits today. Make sure you share this article with friends and loved ones so they can maximize the use of this wonderful oil.
Uses of coconut oil.
– To moisturize the skin: The very first use of coconut oil I want to talk about is its moisturizing use. It can be used in lieu of the regular lotion as it givers a refreshing, healing, burst of moisture that penetrates your skin and works to truly heal it. It’s important to only use a little as it goes a long way. Use as you would a regular lotion.
– As a Conditioner: When the hair gets rough and messed up,coconut oil is there to smooth those tiny little cells right back into place, and hold them there. You can use it on your entire scalp/head for deep conditioning, but you can generally just use it on your ends, where it’s the hardest for the body’s natural oils to reach, and where the most breakage occurs.
– To Cook: When cooking or baking, it can be substituted for butter or just about any oil. It lends moisture, freshness, and richness to baked goods, and a subtle complimentary flavor to savory dishes. How much you substitute will depend on the recipe you are using.
t back into place, and hold them there. You can use it on your entire scalp/head for deep conditioning, but you can generally just use it on your ends, where it’s the hardest for the body’s natural oils to reach, and where the most breakage occurs.
– Prevent Stretch Marks: I so wish there were but there is no magic method to prevent or get rid of stretch marks. Indeed, how noticeably you get stretch marks are based a lot on genetics. They are caused by, literally, a stretching of the skin. This may occur during pregnancy, puberty, during rapid muscle mass gain etc. Put simply, the marks appear when the lower layers of the dermis tear for some reason or another. Anecdotal evidence suggests that keeping skin moisturized and supple can help prevent stretch marks, and what better moisturizer than coconut oil? Rub some onto the area twice daily (for example, your belly if you are pregnant) and massage it in well. You can also melt down some cocoa butter with the coconut oil for an extra moisturizing effect.
– Cracked Heels: As a super moisturizer, coconut oil can help soften and smooth over that skin. Use a pumice stone first to slough off any excess buildup of cells, and then get a little bit of coconut oil on your fingertips. Massage into your heels well, and let dry. Repeat twice daily.
– SPF Lip Balm: One thing that’s especially over-looked is sun exposure. You should apply sunscreen to your lips for full protection. Coconut oil has a mild SPF and can be used for protection if you don’t have any lip protection sunscreen.
– Exfoliating Body Scrub: This wonderful oil can also be used as a body scrub. All you have to do is mix in some gradulated sugar into the oil and then use to scrub the skin. Your skin will feel so soft afterwards.
– Add to Baby Bath: Babies have wonderfully soft, smooth, healthy skin.Try adding a little bit of coconut oil to your little one’s bath to help keep skin soft and smooth. It will also help soothe any little rashes, scrapes, or bites that may be bothering them.
– Clean Makeup Brushes: Make your make up brushes last longer by cleaning them with coconut oil. Simply melt down some of the oil in a glass and dip the brush into the liquid, coating it thoroughly. Then gently swirl the brush on a paper towel or wash cloth until the color or product is gone. Rinse under warm water, and dry. Any bit of residue tends to make the bristles quite soft, but you can also use a mild soap and water to remove it if you don’t want it there.
– Makeup Remover: It also acts as a makeup remover. When it comes to removing make-up, don’t use harsh store bought products. Go instead for coconut oil, which gently and safely removes all traces of make-up and leaves your face feeling healthy and refreshed.
– Massage Oil: The benefits of massage are countless, and we could all use one now and again. Rather than using a heavy lotion, simply use coconut oil. You can add essential oils for scent if you like. It also leaves your skin truly moisturized and soft.
– For Carrier/Base Oil: Lotions, lip balms, massage blends, body butters, sugar scrubs,coconut oil is a great go-to carrier/base oil. Its texture and consistency helps hold whatever it is you’ve created together, while contributing all of its awesome moisturizing and healing benefits.
– On Toast: A simple way to replace butter. Spread some coconut oil on toast for a tasty (and filling) snack.
These are the wonderful uses of the oil. If you don’t know where to get this amazing oil,keep your eyes glued to this site as I’ll be sharing a recipe on how to make your own coconut oil in your kitchen.