Today has been set aside to celebrate the almighty jollof rice. We all know party jollof rice is king, the smell, the taste is just perfect and superb. It is the most popular Nigerian rice recipe and in celebration of this awesome day, we are sharing this recipe.
- 3 cigar cups | 750g long grain parboiled rice
- Tomato Stew 500 mls
- Chicken (whole chicken, drumsticks or chicken breast)
- Pepper and salt (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 3 Knorr cubes
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (Nigerian curry powder)
- Pour the chicken stock and the tomato stew into a sizeable pot and leave to boil.
- Add the drained parboiled rice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. The water level should be the same level of the rice. This is to ensure that all the water dries up by the time the rice is cooked.
- Cover the pot and leave to cook on low to medium heat. This way the rice does not burn before the water dries up.
If you parboiled the rice, the rice should be done by the time the water is dry. Taste to confirm. If not, you will need to add more water and reduce the heat to prevent burning. Keep cooking till done. Enjoy your food.
Watch this video for further clarification