Neem, which is also known as Indian Lilac or more commonly as Dogon Yaro, is a herb that is available throughout the year has numerous benefits that very few natural products can provide. Neem contains antibacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties that not only benefit your health but also help you get rid of common beauty problems. Here are some major benefits of neem for the skin, hair and health.
Benefits of Neem for Skin
1. Clears Acne & Dark Pigmentation:
If used regularly, neem can help clear acne, scars, pigmentation and black heads.
– Boil about 20 neem leaves in half liter of water till the leaves are soft and discolored.
– Strain and store in a bottle.
– Dip a cotton ball in the liquid and wipe your face with it every night.
2. For Clear And Glowy Skin:
Regular usage of neem gives your skin a clear and flawless skin.
– Make a paste of neem leaves and turmeric powder.
– Apply on your skin twice a week.
– You can also add some grated cucumber to it as well.
3. Treats Pimples:
– Grind a handful of tulsi leaves with a few neem leaves.
– Mix it with some rose water to form a paste.
– Apply it topically to treat pimples naturally.
4. Treats Skin Allergies and Infections:
Neem has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which help in soothing the skin if you are suffering from skin allergy or infection.
– Boil some neem leaves & leave in the refrigerator to cool down a bit.
– Apply the water on the affected area.
5. Treats Eczema:
Eczema is a skin disorder that makes the skin dry and itchy. Neem offers an instant and long-term relief from eczema.
– Boil neem bark in water, till it forms a paste.
– Apply the paste on the affected area regularly.
Benefits Of Neem For Hair
1. Enhances Hair Growth:
Neem has regenerative properties which help reducing hair fall.
– Massage some neem oil on your scalp regularly. This will help enhance the rate at which your hair grows and increase blood circulation.
– You can mix it with some other carrier oils such as, olive, almond, coconut, jojoba etc.
2. Treats Scalp-Related Problems:
Neem can help treat scalp problems and retain moisture.
– Mix neem powder with amla powder, shikakai powder and reetha powder with water and lemon juice.
– Apply this to your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes before washing.
3. Treats Baldness:
Baldness can be as a result of long term treatment with heavy drugs. Such cases of baldness an be cured by using neem.
Regular use of neem as a rinse promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
– Boil neem leaves and use the water as hair mask and rinse.
Health Benefits Of Neem
1. Antibacterial Properties:
Due to its antibacterial properties, Neem helps treat diseases such as chicken pox and small pox. It also helps cure herpes and hepatitis B viruses.
– Spread several neem leaves around the patient and let him sleep over it for its soothing and antibacterial properties.
2. Cures Asthma:
Neem offers a long term relief from respiratory disorders when taken regularly. It helps in controlling phlegm, wheezing, cough and breathing.
– Take a 3 drops of neem oil, at the center of the tongue and swallow.
– Increase the dosage of intake gradually, to maybe 4 drops in the second week and 5 dropns in the third week.
3. Heals Ulcers:
Neem helps prevents ulcer by maintaining the pH level and also cures ulcer by restoring the normal PH level. It analgesic benefits also offers relief from the pain.
– Neem bark extract helps cure ulcer when taken twice daily for at least 10 weeks.
4. Maintains Oral Health:
Neem is an amazing oral remedy that keeps you safe from gum diseases. It can cure problems such as bleeding gums and foul smell and offers long lasting breath.
5. Treats Malaria
Malaria affects the efficiency of the human liver.
– Eat a few leaves of neem daily to keep the liver safe from the side effects of malaria.
6. Treats Wounds and Rashes:
When applied topically, organic neem honey can heal wounds and rashes. Ingesting it also helps treat infections and other health issues.