Seafood okra soup is very tasty and easy to prepare. Check out the recipe below.
- 5 to 6 Large Tatashe (Substitute with 4 Large Red Bell Peppers plus 2 to 3 Red Scotch Bonnets)
- 2 Medium Onions
- 1 Kg Okro (Okra)
- 1 Kg Crab (cleaned and rinsed thoroughly)
- 1 Kg Medium Tiger Prawns (peeled and deveined, tail on)
- ½ Kg Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Kg Croaker Fish Steaks
- 150 mls Red Palm Oil
- 2 Stock Cubes (10 grams each)
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 8 Tablespoons Ground Dry Crayfish
- Deseed tatashe or red bell pepper, peel onions. Rinse pepper and onions thoroughly, roughly cut them and place in a blender with about 250 mls water. Blend until smooth then set aside. Rinse the okro a couple of times, drain and chop.
- Place crabs into a large pot then add the blended pepper and onion. Place over medium high heat adding about 400 mls more water to the pot then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add palm oil, stock cubes, salt and ground crayfish and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in chopped okro and then croaker fish steaks. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste, adding salt as needed (if you want it hotter, you may add some chili powder at this point) and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes before gently stirring in the prawn and shrimp. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes before taking off the heat. Serve with swallow or your preferred accompaniment. Enjoy!