We all know how important makeup brushes are. But do you know that you’re supposed to clean them? and if yes, how often do you clean your makeup brushes?
Bits of makeup, oil, and dirt usually gets trapped in the bristles of your brush while doing your makeup, this can lead to annoying breakouts and clogged pores if you skip regular cleaning.
Replacing your quality makeup brush every time you use is obviously not the practical thing to do (plus its expensive), so learning how to clean them is quite a good way to protect your investment.
Cleaning your makeup brushes may not seem like the most interesting task but it should be a regular part of your beauty routine. So you should clean them at least once in 2 weeks. The cool part is it’s quite easy to do and won’t take as much time as it probably will to draw your eyebrows.
What you Need:
- A shallow bowl
- Clarifying shampoo (Baby shampoo works fine as well)
- Lint free cloth
- A sink
1. Run your brushes under lukewarm water to rinse out all of the residual makeup. Point the bristles downwards, so water doesn’t get to the part where the handle meets the head. If water gets in there, it can loosen the glue that holds the bristles together over time.
2. Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a little amount of shampoo. Gently swirl your brush tip in the water. You can swirl the brush on your palm to work up lather.
3. Rinse the brush tip under running water again. You can repeat steps 2 and 3 until you’re satisfied that your brushes are clean.
4. Gently squeeze the excess water out of the brush. After you’ve done this, use your lint free cloth or any cotton cloth to dry off the bristles, reshaping them in the process.
5. Lay your brushes flat on a cloth to dry.
And there, your brushes are as sparkling clean. Next time your brush looks like it has seen better days, try this method first before running out to buy a new one.