We all can attest to the fact that coconuts are healthy and delicious. To add a bit of spice and variety to your regular pancakes, we’ll be showing you a recipe on how to make coconut pancake.
The addition of coconut milk and shredded coconut creates a thicker batter than regular pancake batter, but you will find that they cook in the same amount of time as most pancakes, rising a little more to their fluffy goodness. I’d recommend testing a few to begin with to perfect the cook time and desired size.
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup coconut milk (NOT coconut water, although that’s tasty stuff)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (I used salted.)
- additional butter or cooking spray for cooking surface
- Lightly mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add all wet ingredients to the beaten egg and combine well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- In a hot skillet or griddle, add a pat of butter if needed to coat pan.
- Over medium-hot heat drop rounds of batter and let cook until bubbles begin to pop in center of pancake, about 2 minutes.
- Flip pancake and cook for an additional minute or so until golden brown. Test cook surface and temperature, and adjust cook time accordingly.