DIY-How to Fade Your Dark Knuckles Naturally. Dark knuckles tend to lower our level of confidence. You might have a flawless skin but those stubborn dark spot could be a pain most times. However, the good news is this problem can easily be treated at home by opting for a regular skincare regimen.
This article will definitely be of help to you, if you really want to get rid of your dark finger joints quickly and wish them not to return to you anymore, here are a few basic guidelines which you should follow-
- Be caring– Be gentle to your hands and feet. Avoid washing them with extremely hot water and refrain from rubbing them too hard. Go for manicures and pedicures. Also care for your knuckles by using soft loofahs and pumice stones on a regular basis to clean them.
- Moisturize- Do not forget to keep those problem areas moisturized. Lay your hands on a good quality exfoliating cream which will not only hydrate your skin, but will also exfoliate it. Most importantly, always use a hand cream and foot cream before you go to bed. Alternately, try adding a few drops of glycerin, olive oil or jojoba oil to your regular cream and apply it on your knuckles. This helps to keep your skin soft and at the same time, reduces chances of drying out too early.
- Sun protection- Use a sun-block cream before you step out in the sun. This offers protection and prevents further darkening.
Treatments and home remedies: Here are some of the easiest and effective home-remedies that you would love to try out for your dark knuckles-
- Exfoliation with lemon juice– Mix a spoon of lemon juice with sugar and rub your hands vigorously for about ten minutes. Do this every night before going to bed. The bleaching properties of lemon juice, together with the exfoliating properties of sugar would work wonders. Follow up with a hand cream.
- Moisturize with milk cream– Mix the content of a vitamin E capsule with some milk cream. Apply on your dry knuckles and wait for sometime. Then, rub it for about 5 minutes and wash off. It softens dry skin. You may add a pinch of turmeric to benefit from the antiseptic and skin-lightening properties of turmeric.
- HONEY AND LEMON JUICE-A mixture of honey and lemon juice can work like a magic to lighten your discoloured finger joints. You just need to rub the mixture onto the problem areas for almost ten minutes daily to see improvement in the dark skin.
- POWDERED OAT MEAL AND CUCUMBER JUICE-Apply powdered oatmeal mixed with sour yoghurt and cucumber juice on dull areas to brighten the skin. The mixture needs to be applied and left on for half an hour before you rinse it off with cold water.
Be regular in your skin care regimen. Bleaching your skin may take care of dark knuckles temporarily and most easily; but remember, you may not like to use so many chemicals to camouflage this dark flaw. Go the natural way and try out home remedies to treat dark knuckles efficiently and completely.