Salma Nabilaa Phillips is from the Northern part of Nigeria and the talk show hostess for The Salma Show. The Salma Show is a tv programme with a northern setting that focuses on topics that apply to everyday living. So this tv girl was given this bold look by makeup artist Oluchi Onuigbo and we w0uld love you to try it out.
The look enhanced her cultural background in a modern way that is chic and totally relatable. A native of the Fulani tribe, Salma’s look is a mix of traditional and modern. The look featured highlighted eyes and nude lips. The finished look is clean with striking dark eyes which was achieved with the use of khajal/khol .
Recreate the look following the steps below.
Steps Used to Create this Eye Look:
- Apply eye shadow primer all over the eyelids
- Apply a neutral eye shadow all over the eyelids as well
- On the outer corners of the lids, apply a dark brown eyeshadow and blend in towards the crease.
- Using a black gel eyeliner and an angled brush create a thick winged liner on the eyelids close to the lash line .
- With a black kohl pencil, line the waterline making sure to extend the kohl liner to the lower lashes for that bold line, then join the lower liner to the top winged liner
- Apply false eyelashes to enhance the eye look
Photography: Mike Ofori | @gyasi_media
Model: Salma Phillips | @salma_phillips
Make Up: Oluchi Onuigbo | @oluchionuigbo
Stylist: Jowy | @jowyfashionconsulting