Acne also known as zit or pimples occurs when the skin produces excess oil causing breakouts.If you have acne, you’re not alone. Several people in the world also suffer from this skin condition. It is more prevalent in our teenage years. For some, it disappears after awhile but for others, it becomes a part of their lives. It can however be managed. Here are simple ways to deal with it.
First of all, these are the reasons why you can get it.
- Clogged pores and bacteria:During puberty, the glands in the skin secretes sebum which normally comes out through the pores, but in some people, sebum clogs up in the pores causing acne to occur.
- Hormones:In your puberty years, hormones start changing and affecting your body causing breakouts like acne. This also happens during pregnancy, which explains why pregnant women or women having their periods often have acne breakouts. Hormones released during stressful times can also cause it.
- Genetics:You may be more likely to develop it if your parents had it when they were like you especially their teenage years.
Treatment for acne
There are many ways it can be treated but it depends on what caused it in the first place and how bad it is.
Here are some tips:
- Wash gently. Do not scrub your face.
- Use a gentle soap/ cleanser to wash your face.
- Always wash with your hands.
- Treat your whole face. Don’t choose certain spots to treat. This will ensure you’re treating pimples still under the skin but not yet visible.