The vagina is one part of the female body we always want clean and smelling nice but what most people don’t realize is that the vagina cleans itself. Yes it does that. You don’t have to use cleaning devices down there. Now, douching according to women’shealth is washing or cleaning out the inside of the vagina with mixtures of fluids. Most douches are sold in stores as prepackaged mixes of water and vinegar, baking soda, or iodine. The truth is that douching is not required but so many of us are guilty of it. Some warm water is all you need to clean your lady parts but some women insist on douching to achieve ultimate cleanliness, which can actually cause more harm than good. In case you’re still douching, here are some reasons to stop.
- Increased risk of STI. According to studies,Douching is a harmful activity because it disrupts the healthy vaginal microorganisms and enables STIs to take hold.
- It increases risk of infection. Douching flushes away the natural bacteria and organisms known as your vaginal flora. If your lady business comes in contact with other bacteria, it can lead to infections such as bacterial vaginosis. It can also introduce new bacteria into the vagina, which can spread up through the cervix, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
- Women who douche regularly have a higher chance of developing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). If left untreated, this can lead to infertility in women or even death.
- Your vagina is a self cleaning organ.
- If you feel the need to douche because the smell below your belt seems foul or wrong then it’s not douche you need, it’s a visit to the gynaecologist. A strong odour can be an indication that you have an infectionn, and if you douche, it could cause more irritation, discharge, and pain. The smell of a woman’s vagina doesn’t need to be covered up — it’s completely natural and men are actually attracted to it.