You will agree with me that its daunting being a pro on applying liquid eyeliner. sure you have been pondering how beauticians on social medias always have their flawless graphic wings perfectly done?
The good news is, we have selectively picked some tips that we believe will be of great help.
1. Find the right product Just as you don’t always use the applicator that comes with your blush compact, don’t feel it’s a must to use the tip brush included with your liquid eyeliner.
2. For full eye makeup including both liner and shadow, always apply your eyeshadow first. It creates a dry base for the liquid liner to adhere to.
3. Keep your eyes open. it’s that simple. Though it has been noticed that alot of women make the mistake of closing one eye while applying, so take note.
4. If you are perfect with a pencil liner, line your eye with that first, before going over with liquid for a smooth finish.
5. Start at the middle of the eye rather than the inner or outer corner, then trace backward, starting at the inner corner and working your way toward the middle. This enable you to get a better idea of your eye shape and how to outline and define the eye without effect.
6. Make sure the rest of the eye is done first before the wing so that you have a good idea of where it should be placed, rather than forming the rest of the eye around it.
7. Difficult creating the shape of your wing? Begin by creating a tiny triangle that connects the top and bottom lash lines, then go back and add a tiny flick with the very tip of the brush.
8. Apply a light coat of mascara before you begin lining your eyes. A slightly stiffened row of lashes will give the liner brush somewhere to rest, making tracing the lash a breeze.
9. If eyeliner goes astray during application, use your regular concealer to clean it up and blend it into the rest of your makeup.
10. Don’t be in a hurry. This sounds simple, but makeup artists agree that the easiest way to step up your liquid eyeliner game is simply to set aside a good five minutes to have it rightly done.
Getting the right tips that works for you as an individual and a little practice is all you need to get it rightly done. Remember the biggest pro’s in the industry today where novice at one point in time, but it’s the mistakes and continual effort that usually helps to make you a pro!
SEE ALSO: MUST HAVE MAKE-UP KIT FOR BEGINNERS