Closures are special hair pieces in which individual hair strands are tied onto a piece of lace. They are a few inches long and wide and are usually made of a lace that is attached to a cornrow base and secured around the perimeter.
Closures can be used by every woman and it is not only restricted to women with natural hair or those with scanty front hair lines, it has become a must-have hairpiece for every hair conscious woman.
If ever you are looking for the best alternative for trouble with blending bald spots and breakage. Here are some tips you should know about closures.
1. Don’t push your combs/clips into your closure so hard it digs into your head. The tension will purpose hair breakage and scalp damage.
2. Don’t hurt your hairline with heating when you’re blending it into your instant closure . Restrict the use of straighteners and hot curling irons to weekly. Take note, straightening nice hair daily will cause human hair lace frontal to help eventually break off. It is simply too much heat for nice hair to stand.
3. When choosing a closure remember that all closures are not made equal. They are of different sizes. We recommend lace based closures because they lay flatter and are more breathable.
4. The back of a frontal can be sewn or clipped-in with ease, the best application method for the hairline of a frontal is bonding.
5. It is advisable closures are sewn and not glued to avoid loss of hairline and destruction of closure.Using glue for closure is bad and could lead to hair loss. The application and removal process can be quite traumatic for your hair.
6. Make sure the area at the front hairline & crown area is well blended.
7. Closures are used to cover the area that is known to many as the “horseshoe” and can be worn as a protective style to avoid leaving any hair out with a full head of weave.
8. Tinting your closure ensures that once applied to your head, you can properly part, pull back, twist, and style the hair any direction you desire.
9. Concealer can also be added along the part or foundation that matches their skin to help conceal any knots that may not be totally bleached.
10. For best result ensure a skilled professional installs the closure.