6 Tip To Help You Maintain A Glowing Skin This Hamathan season. I cant bet that there is no one out there who does know the Hamathan season in upon us,because even if you don’t go out to meet it, i will definitely come into your home.
Harmattan is characterized by dry, dusty and cold weather, so it is important that we start to give our hair, skin and general health more attention.
Prolonged exposure to this weather can lead to cold, catarrh, sneezing, cracked lips, cracked soles, dry & dull skin and a host of other health problems.
The truth is, you can’t avoid this weather if you’re in West Africa, but you can prevent yourself from getting ill, having dull skin and bad & static hair. Here are a few tips that can help you stay beautiful and healthy during the Harmattan season.
1. Breathe: Yes, a simple way to get more oxygen into your system and also the glow back is to breathe. If you think you breathe all the time and your skin is still dull, you may want to try breathing exercises likepranayam, anulom vilom, etc.
2. Cleanse: Make it a point to cleanse your skin in the morning and night to remove make-up, dust and any other impurities from it. Also, go for regular clean-ups which involves a massage and a pack and will improve blood circulation to the skin.
Your skin needs lots and lots of moisture especially this dry seasons, if you don’t want to look like a Zombie from The Walking Dead, but also helps prevent your skin from cracking which could lead to sores. We advice you store oils like olive oil and coconut oil. Beauty expert have advised to use these oils or any natural oils to moist your skin immediately after shower.
4. Eat fruits with high water content:
If you can’t drink water, eat water. You need at least 8 glasses of water each day but most people see this as a daunting task. So why not eat fruits that would help keep you hydrated? You could try out iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon etc to get you started. Making a few dietary changes such as reducing the consumption of oily, junk food and drinking less and quitting smoking will go a long way in clearing the dullness.
5. Exercise: Exercising helps in better blood circulation and getting good oxygen in your body. When you work out, you also sweat which releases toxins and all these combined efforts leads to a glow in your skin.
6. Exfoliate: removes dead skin cells on the surface of your skin that can cause dullness. You don’t need to buy expensive products or use harsh chemical exfoliators, however. You probably have a natural skin exfoliation agent right now in your kitchen: A great natural exfoliator for the skin is raw organic apple cider vinegar. It contains alpha-hydroxy acids and can also balance the skin’s pH. To use, mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and apply it to your skin with a cotton ball. Sit for five minutes before rinsing with warm water.