Dandruff is one of the most common hair problems faced by men and women alike. The white flakes can be very embarrassing as they tend to always show themselves at the most inappropriate of times! What’s more? They also cause acne and mess with our skin too.
Anyone who suffers from dandruff will be able to tell you how horrible it is to look like you just got a pat on the back by Frosty the Snowman. Compared to acne, dandruff is basically giving everyone permission to stare at you. So, let’s help address the elephant in the room, dandruff STINKS!
What causes dandruffs ? they are caused by skin cells that grow faster than you can shed so that means your dandruff might be as a result of dry scalp. Dandruff can also come as a result of irritated skin, oily scalp condition, fungal infection, psoriasis or eczema.
If you are one of those lucky people who have never had dandruff, someone who is unfamiliar with what exactly dandruff is, or someone who is in dire need of learning how to prevent it, then this article is perfect for you.Here are some tried and tested tips on how to really get rid of dandruff’s fast
Coconut Oil And Lemon juice:
Lemon juice contains extremely beneficial anti fungal properties which make it an essential weapon in the dandruff home remedies kit.
This concoction is one the best home remedies for dandruff.
- Warm coconut oil and squeeze in lemon juice such that for one part lemon juice, you have added five parts coconut oil
- Mix well and massage on to your scalp.
- Use this regularly to eliminate dandruff
- A vinegar rinse also helps cure dandruff.
- After washing your hair and conditioning, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar into a mug of water and use it as a final rinse, focusing on the scalp.
- You can also opt for balsamic vinegar for the same.
Vinegar is rich in potassium and extremely effective in getting rid of dead skin that leads to dandruff flakes. Specially, apple cider vinegar helps to improve blood circulation. Remember never to use chemically treated vinegar for the treatment. The smell of vinegar, in case you find the thought irksome, will fade once your hair is dry.
Although these are not the only completely way to eliminate dandruff, there ARE many things you can try to control your dandruff.
- Cleanse your scalp with pure apple cider vinegar to get rid of excessive oil buildup
- Use a medicated or dandruff targeted shampoo
- Wash hair at least once a week, no more than three times
- Use an all-natural oil with no artificial ingredients
- Do not overuse oils on the scalp (once a week)
- Avoid foods high in fats
- Eat fruits and veggies containing Zinc and Vitamin B
- Limit use of gel, mouse, or other leave in hair products